Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, July 18, 2008

The Sadness


I am the happiest sad man you will ever meet.
I am happy and optimistic about almost everything
But in my heart is a seriousness
A sadness
A sharp-bladed truth
But the sadness is not something I do not want

It binds me to a purpose
It shows me a path of symmetrically methodical exuberance
Each step is meticulously paved and positioned
Very few can or want to follow it
Because it is not a follower's path
It opens up to be formed and led by the force of that sadness

The inner sadness that brings order and sensibility
It does not bring tears or pain or anguish
It brings stability and pragmatism to a world run amok in the fantastic
It is the sadness that allowed there to be a foundation to fantasy
It is true fantasy, and therefore is not fantasy

It is truth
And it is mine.
A burden, but a blessing
As it weighs down it teaches
As I struggle I am strengthened
I embrace the sadness

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who can depart from his pain and his aloneness without regret?
Kahlil Gibran