Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, April 7, 2008

Outrun Dark

Can I outrun the rain when I'm walking under cover of darkness? - ESCURO
Can I abate the flood of tears that well up in the cold? - FRIO
Pools overflowing, trickling from the corners of my eyes - OLHOS

For a moment I thought I saw spring
A placid thaw caught up in the moment
But not to be
One moment the sun pours through a hole in the sky - CÉU
The next moment the sky shuts up and cold fills my glass - COPO
I drink it deep with delicious disdain
So good to feel the contrast
So splendid to taste the bitter - AMARGO
Tempted by the sweet into believing it is all - TUDO
But it means nothing without the clouds, the dark, the rain, the cold.
A flake flutters past me
Another trailing to the spongy soil -TERRA
Like a piece of paper from a desk
A desk seldom written on by man but but God
The sky fills with a new white light - LUZ
That blinds as the flakes turn into clumps
For St. Patrick's Day I saw green but now no longer
Winter reclaims the life for today - HOJE
But I appreciate the whole
Every little drop, patter, splash, gust, rustle
It reminds me of a beam, chirp, smile, breeze, light
It envelopes my heart and enwreathes my soul - ALMA
Hope from all angles!
Lovely she comes
Riding High

No comments: