Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Finding You

Mind numb but burning
I wish I could feel more
See the fire within you
But the flames inside me drown my vision

Passion swallows my soul 
So much that I cannot find yours
I wish I could escape my depths
To explore your profundity 

I need a ray of light
A beam that illuminates 
the crack under the door
A sign that you are there

I see a shadow that gives hope
It looks so graceful and kind
It beckons me to follow
But I cannot be sure

Is it you?
Are you there?
I'll turn the knob and find out
And if it's not you I'll live

I can be brazen when I'm not deluded
The cloud of doubt hovers over me
But my passion will melt it
And I will know for sure

The inner caveman is bold
He is territorial
He will tell it to you straight
Even if it is a grunt

Funny it would be 
To grunt sweet nothings
Into your ear...
By now you're swooning




No comments: